Farm Kids School Term Program - Byron Bay
Program runs from 6 November - 4 December | Thursday & Fridays from 9am - 3pm | Ages 5-12 years
- School Term Mini Farmers Program at The Farm Byron Bay
- Our primary focus is the importance of ethical and sustainable farming practices and making healthy life choices
- Program runs from 9am – 3pm on Thursdays and Fridays. Suitable for ages 5 -12 years
- Book online at: thefarm.com.au/kids-workshops
FARM KIDS TERM TIME MINI FARMERS PROGRAM
Introducing a new Farm Kids School Term Mini Farmers program in Term 4 2020. This program runs during NSW school term and covers a variety of curriculum concepts as we cater to many children who are home schooled.
The kids become mini farmers and get set to work doing farm chores. Collecting eggs, checking fences, feeding animals, checking paddocks and more. They work in the Farm Kids garden, planting, weeding and harvesting. They cook, create and see where their food comes from as well as experience countless opportunities to learn about teamwork, community, natural remedies, sustainability and ethical farming practices.
The program runs from 9am – 3pm on Thursdays and Fridays from Thursday 6 November to Friday 4 December and is suitable for children aged between 5 and 12 years old. Each day focusses on a different topic including; sustainability, nature craft, native bees, the sun, citrus, seeds, lavender, and creepy crawly farm creatures! Click here to read more about each program and to book.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- A discussion based around the topic of the day
- A variety of activities based around the topic of the day
- Work on the dedicated garden plot
- Collecting eggs and check our chickens
- Rest and play
At all our sessions our primary focus is the importance of ethical and sustainable farming practices and making healthy life choices. All children will be expected to participate in all of the programmed activities. We have a non structured art and craft table in the Farm House where the children can create simple pieces during the day when time permits.
Important note: as this is a working farm and always changing, we cannot guarantee that we can do all listed activities out on The Farm (e.g. feed cows, pigs etc)
WHAT TO BRING
- Children must wear covered shoes, sleeves and a hat at all times.
- Please pack a healthy lunchbox for your child daily.
- Please ensure you also bring a water bottle and a raincoat.
- All items need to be labelled.
Please pack spare clothing as we may have a chance on the hot days to run under the market garden sprinklers!
WHERE TO MEET
We will meet at the Farm House opposite the restaurant. Please look out for the signs to guide you.
If you are a working parent please discuss with the Farm Kids Manager if you need your child to start early or finish later than the designated program time so as to get to and from work. For an extra fee this can be arranged.
COST: $130 per child per day. Bookings are essential to ensure COVID-SAFE workplace health and safety guidelines are adhered to.
For more information or to book a session visit: thefarm.com.au/kids-workshops