Byron Bay Train - Byron Bay
Byron Bay Train runs a daily service | email: email@example.com | phone: 02 8123 2130
- Ride the world’s first and only solar powered train
- Retro meets cutting edge on this 1949 era two carriage heritage beauty
- Free parking at North Beach Station on Bayshore Drive
- Ride into Byron Bay township and back from North Beach and have lunch at The Sun Bistro, across the road from North Beach Station
- $4 one way for adults, $2 kids 6 – 13 years, 5 years and under travel free click here for timetable
Byron Bay Train
Bring your kids on the Byron Solar Train. They can walk up and down the carriages, talk to the driver and learn how the solar powered train works.
Settle yourself in first or carriage class, open the windows and step back in time as you pass through forest and over Belongil Creek.
It’s a seven minute journey between North Beach Station and Byron Beach Platform. You can explore either end or just go straight in and back again from North Beach, where parking is free.
Tickets can be purchased on the train for just $4 one way for adults, $2 kids 6 – 13 years, 5 years and under travel free. Click here to view the latest timetable.
At $25 for adults the Ride in Style offer includes a return train trip, lunch at The Sun Bistro plus a glass of wine or Stone & Wood beer. Childrens meals are $8. You can purchase tickets either on the train or at The Sun Bistro
Courtesy of a 4.6 billion year old power source the solar train generates more power than it uses, with the excess energy going into the grid via a local green energy supplier.
There is an accessible toilet at the North Beach Station and plenty of room onboard for prams, luggage, bicycles and surfboards.
Services in addition to the standard timetable are available upon request.