Storytime at the Library - Ballina, Brunswick Heads, Byron Bay, Lennox Head, Mullumbimby
Sessions operate during NSW Term Time only | Many libraries offer alternative activities during the school holidays - Check the Calendar of Events for details!
- Byron Bay Library phone: 02 6685 8540
- Lennox Head Library phone: 02 6687 6398
- Ballina Library phone: 02 6686 2831
- Mullumbimby Library phone: 02 6684 2992
- Brunswick Heads Library phone: 02 6685 1816
- This is a free service that takes place in the morning at a number of local libraries
- Just turn up – NO BOOKING REQUIRED
- Click through to General Information to read more about the services they offer
- Alternatively, check out the Calendar of Events for the dates, times & location maps
The following libraries host a weekly Storytime session for the enjoyment of you and your children during NSW term-time.
- Brunswick Heads – Monday at 10.30am
- Byron Bay – Tuesday at 10.30am
- Lennox Head – Thursday at 10.30am
- Ballina – Tuesday AND Friday at 11am
- Mullumbimby – Friday at 10.30am
This free service provides an opportunity for pre-school children to listen to stories, sing songs and do craft activities in a relaxed and supported group environment.
Although these sessions only operate during term-time many of the libraries also offer a number of school holiday activities. All holiday activities are free but bookings are essential. Details of these activities will appear on the Calendar of Events as and when they are available.
NOTE: Mullumbimby Library generally continues its sessions of Story Time and Baby Bounce during school holidays but it’s always best to ring and double-check during this time.
The following information is taken directly from The Richmond Tweed Regional Library website:
Storytime is a happy, enjoyable shared experience for you and your child. With your help we can develop and nurture your child’s love of books and the library. Importantly, it also helps children develop the skills they will need to learn to read and write and gives them an opportunity to practice listening and group participation skills. It is hoped that a child’s Storytime experience will begin many years of happy reading and help your child get to know their local library. Storytime can assist your child to develop a lifelong love of books, storytelling and the library.
All parents, grandparents, carers and their little ones are invited to participate in this free program.
For further information regarding each individual library, their opening hours and the services they offer, visit Richmond Tweed Regional Library website.