Disabled Surfers Association – Hands on Surfing Days – FREE EVENTS - Byron Bay, Evans Head, Kingscliff
KINGSCLIFF - 29 JAN 2017 | BYRON BAY - 25 MARCH 2017
- Amazing experience where Surfers help disabled surfers catch a wave
- FREE EVENT with lots of happy volunteers to make your day
- FREE barbie get-together after an awesome surf!
- Click through to General Information for more details on how to participate!
The Far North Coast Branch of DSA (Disabled Surfers Association) takes people with disabilities out for a safe surfing experience along the Far North Coast of NSW.
They run FREE monthly events down the Far North Coast of NSW from Kingscliff, Byron Bay, Evans Head, Yamba and Minnie Waters.
Always popular events, so get yourselves down early, by 9.30am to sign up and start surfing. A free barbecue is supplied along with a lot of happy volunteers to make your day enjoyable!!!
Come volunteer with us and share your passion and love for the ocean and surfing with those for whom ‘getting’ in the water’ isn’t to be taken for granted. A humbling and rewarding experience enlarging someone else’s world as well as your own.
Volunteer requirements: “We need people with big hearts and people who want to put smiles on dials”. Sign-Up for volunteers 9am on the day
The DSA is about creating opportunities for everyone to experience our unique, safe and happy surfing events, whilst under complete supervision from trained Team Leaders and Beach Marshalls.
It is a total voluntary registered Public Benevolent Institution and Surfing’s only Registered Charity dedicated to the Disabled.
This group of volunteers exist purely on the love of what they do with the support of members and local communities, together with the odd small government grant.
Alternatively, if you prefer to speak with someone; contact Mick Hosking on 02 6680 3891
* DSA Far North Coast granted permission for us to use some photos of their events. Credit for photography used in the carousel goes to Sandra Marti, Diana Willis and Craig Parry.