Ballina Prawn Festival - Ballina
Saturday 11 November 2017 | 10am to 10pm - Missingham Park, Ballina
- A quirky, family friendly celebration of Ballina
- Sandcastle building, skateboarding & prawn shelling competitions!
- Joyful boat and street parades & stunning evening firework display
- Funfair Rides and Macadamia Castle Train
- Hugely popular ‘Eat & Sweet Street’ with mouth-watering dishes
The Ballina Prawn Festival is a quintessential family friendly Aussie event and a wonderful celebration of the unique features of Ballina, home of the Big Prawn. Set on the banks of the Richmond River, it brings together thousands of local residents and visitors from throughout the Northern Rivers and beyond.
This quirky celebration of rich local heritage has a raft of unique, often hilarious and very entertaining activities where audience participation is warmly encouraged.
- DIY Raft Race
- Kids sandcastle building competition
- Fair Go Skateboard competition
- Prawn Shelling competition
- Toss a Prawn on the Barbie Game!
- Grand Street Parade
- Spectacular boat Parade
- All day live music
- Funfair rides for the kids (young and old!)
- Macadamia Castle Train
- and the hugely popular Eat & Sweet Street and Artisan Markets.
This year the licensed area will be a family friendly old-fashioned beer garden with a great view of the stage and the fiery fireworks finale.
Festival visitors can delight in the artisan markets, exciting rides, great music; delicious food and can even join in the joyful Grand Opening Community Parade!
For more information and details on how the enter the races and competitions visit Ballina Prawn Festival’s Facebook Page